San Francisco Bike Rental
SWEET Custom built bikes, expert SF advice, cool Mission District Location
SF Bike Rental Overview
You’ve found a superb San Francisco bike rental option, one that proudly reflects Dandyhorse’s obsession with quality and our passion for biking in SF. Whether you’re an avid cyclist an haven’t ridden in years, you’ll love our bikes and service.
Why? First, every bike rental comes with an awesome, personalized route planning session. We help map out the perfect San Francisco ride for you, help you avoid the hills, and include a wealth of expert tips for the best local things to see, eat and explore. Second, our bikes rock! You ride a unique, top-quality SF rental bike custom built by us from the ground up designed specially for the unique riding conditions of the city.
The result? A higher quality, more memorable, and ultimately more fun to ride San Francisco bike rental experience. All at fair price. Don’t settle for a inferior “tourist” bike or the impersonal service you’ll find elsewhere—ride the best and explore more with Dandyhorse SF!
Bike Rental Includes
- A CUSTOM-BUILT-FOR-SF BIKE offering the perfect blend of speed, comfort & safety.
- PERSONALIZED MAP AND ROUTE PLANNING so you avoid the hills and get expert advice on the best places to ride from an experienced local cyclist and longtime SF resident.
- SWEET HELMET that is comfy and lightweight by Lazer, Belgum.
- HANDLEBAR BAG thats handy for you snacks, phone, and sunglasses.
- NICE CARGO RACK for those special finds and your extra layers.
- U-LOCK offering sturdy protection for worry-free locking.
- OUR FAMOUS SF GUIDE with tips on the best local things to see, do, and eat in all the neighborhoods you’ll be riding through.
- LOTS OF SF COOLNESS you won’t find anywhere else.
AT DANDYHORSE EACH RENTAL DAY = FULL 24 HOURS
- 1 day – $32
- 2 days – $50
- 3 days – $70
LONGER TERM RENTALS
- 5 days – $100
- 1 week – $120
- 2 weeks – $175
- 1 month – $225
- Light Set – F+R by Portland Design Works – $3/day
- Pannier Set – by Ortlieb, Germany – $10/day
READ WHAT FOLKS ARE SAYING
Q: What kind of bikes do WE rent? A: CUSTOM-BUilt for San Francisco bikes without limits
We started with a mission: design the perfect bike for exploring San Francisco. Through extensive testing over thousands of miles of riding, we've got it for you. Our bikes start as high-end, hand-built, made-in-USA frames, and we custom build each from the ground up with top-quality parts. This process takes us 12-15 hours per bike, plus the time it takes to find each frame (which can take months). We focus on creating the most lively possible ride that is perfect for taking you all over SF and beyond. Yes, it cost us way more time and money to do this, but it’s worth it for the ride quality, safety, and extra fun it affords as you explore San Francisco by bike!
Features of our bikes that make them more fun and safe to ride
• Wide tires (Schwalbe Big Apple) for a supreme, safe and fast ride–it's science! • Upright Riding Position • Brass Bell (be the king of ding!) • Wide gear range • Thumb Shifting • Powerful, dialed-in brakes • Super comfortable gel saddles • Water bottle cage • Security locks on the wheels and seat • Clean and meticulously maintained
Why rent from us?
As passionate cyclists and San Franciscans we are proud to offer you the highest quality SF bike rentals so you can truly experience the city like a local. With every bike rental we provide an extensive planning session to create a custom map for you with the best routes, so your ride is extra scenic, safe, and avoids the hills. We also map out the best places to eat and explore along the way based on your interests and our expert knowledge of the city. You'll also enjoy a selection from our beautiful fleet of the most fun-to-ride bikes in SF. Lastly, we offer after-hours drop off so you can return the bike without stress, while you explore SF on your own schedule!
OUR MISSION DISTRICT LOCATION ROCKS
- In the most historical, hip, foodie, and mural-rich neighborhood in SF.
- Our shop is right around the corner from legendary SF food and drink spots.
- Close to the Bay and park so you can do a beautiful loop around SF.
- Access to quieter, safer and more scenic neighborhood bike routes that our competitors busy and touristy locations can't match.
- Next-level customer service from an SF owner-operated small business.
- Custom built for SF, made-in-USA bikes for the safest, most comfortable, and fun ride possible– you’ll want to see and explore more on our awesome bikes!
- After-hours drop off, so you can return the bike on your schedule.
- Expert knowledge of the best SF bike routes, sights and restaurants for a true local experience.
- Must-visit neighborhood location within easy riding to anywhere SF, so you see all the best and most authentic SF sights and neighborhoods.
- Flat tire / repair reimbursement. Just keep the receipt and we’ll pay you back.
- No hidden fees or BS.
- A truly unique, quality local experience through and through.
Other bike rentals in SF
- Try to rush you out the door without giving you the advice and route planning you need for a truly amazing SF experience
- Use cheap, Chinese-made bikes that compromise on quality and are not ideal for SF riding.
- In chaotic locations full of tourists, surrounded by hills and crowded streets
- Require you to return the bike on their schedule
- Full of hidden costs and crazy late fees
Meet the bikes
Our bikes have a lot of flair including their own unique personality, name, and story. Check out Cinnamon Tango, Barry White, Joy Division, and the full cast of characters in the Dandyhorse bike fleet.
a Dandy SF Journal
Now you have a friend in the know...
Get the curated insider's scoop on our favorite local SF places, food, drinks, and excursions. Plus, a whole lot of sweet photography and SF bike goodness.
SF Ride MAPS
Detailed Dandyhorse Ride Maps
of the most beautiful + iconic rides we love in SF & beyond, including:
Golden Gate Park • Golden Gate Bridge • Sausalito • Twin Peaks • Paradise Loop • Tiburon • Mt. Tam • MORE!