SF Golden Gate Bike Tour
Discover the iconic natural beauty and man-made wonders of SF’s parks, beaches, and neighborhoods.
$89/person Book Tour
Moderate • Ages 13+5 hours • 16 miles (26km) •
Bike Tour Overview
This San Francisco bike tour experience explores the city’s world-renowned natural beauty and legendary neighborhoods on a spirited ride highlighting the Golden Gate Bridge, Golden Gate Park, the Presidio, Baker Beach, Haight Ashbury, and the Mission District neighborhood. Along the way we’ll discover stunning views of the city skyline, tour the lush landscapes and museums of Golden Gate Park, and reveal breathtaking panoramas of the Pacific Ocean and the Golden Gate Bridge from Baker Beach. We’ll also learn the fascinating history of the city’s favorite parks, distinctive neighborhoods, Victorian architecture, and it’s forgotten World Fair. Along the way we’ll enjoy a picnic lunch in the park from a famous and exceedingly-delicious Russian bakery. It’s the perfect active way to explore the parks, beaches, and neighborhoods of San Francisco!
Neighborhoods we’ll explore
Mission District • Castro • Duboce Triangle • Haight-Ashbury • Lower Haight
NOPA • Sunset • Richmond • the Presidio • Golden Gate Park
- Explore the Deyoung Museum in Golden Gate Park and get a stunning bird’s eye view from the lookout tower of the Academy of Science’s living roof along with sweeping city and park views beyond. Then explore the museum’s lofty atrium gallery, incredible sculpture garden, and take a peek at the Japanese Tea Garden– the oldest in the USA– next door.
- Enjoy a freshly-prepared picnic lunch from Cinderella Bakery, the finest Russian bakery in SF, know for their exceedingly-delicious rye bread and pastries. Later taste SF’s best Vietnamese iced-coffee or tea on Clement Street, the longest and most distinctive stretch of Asian-owned businesses in the city.
- Get a breathtaking view of the Golden Gate Bridge from the mighty Pacific Overlook in the Presidio then descend down a hidden trail to Baker Beach for a raw and awesome view of the Bridge, the Marin Headlands, and Land’s End.
- Visit the Victorian landmarks of Golden Gate Park including the Conservatory of Flowers and it’s color dahlia garden (seasonal).
- Learn about the famous Haight Ashbury neighborhood and revel in it’s hippy landmarks, while discovering the city’s finest and most distinctive Victorian architecture.
- Custom built tour bike and helmet.
- Small group tour, with 6 or less people. Larger group or want a private tour? See all the sweet, customizable options.
- Fully-guided tour experience from an awesome, wise local guide.
- Ride snacks, coffee, water, and treats.
- Professional quality tour photo gallery.
Full Bike Tour Details
- The Golden Gate Tour a longer distance and some hills, taken at a leisurely pace over several hours. Not sure you'll have a great time on this moderately challenging ride? Let's chat about the ride and best tour options for you.
- Expect some elevation gain as we enter and exit the Presidio.
- We will stop frequently to take in the sights, snack, and hydrate, including extended off the bike explorations and lunch.
- Continue your bike adventure and save big. Rent your legendary Dandyhorse bike after the tour for 50% off or get 20% off of any future tour! You'll receive a special discount code in your confirmation email.
We're serious about safe RIDING. Here's why: REad more here.
- Our tours ride the safest, flattest, and most scenic routes in SF, period.
- We have the smallest tour group sizes (6 or less) in SF to ensure the safest ride possible.
- Ride the best tour bikes in SF – we custom build each bike to be the safest around.
- Helmets are mandatory and there is an extensive pre-ride safety briefing
BEFORE & AFTER
- Need a pre-ride coffee or post-ride refresher? Check out our legendary guide to the best of SF food, drinks, and things to do. We also love giving personalized tips-- just ask!
- We'll stop for an awesome picnic lunch. Price of lunch is not included in the tour.
- Solo adventure? We love single guest but require 2 people to go on this tour. If you're the only one signed up on tour day, we'll happily reschedule you, offer a full refund, or set you up on an amazing self-guided SF adventure.
- More than 6 in your group? Great! We offer crowd-pleasing, customizable options for larger groups, corporate events and teambuilding. We also offer private tours if you're looking for a more intimate and customized experience.
- Gratuities not included. Please consider tipping your guide for great service (rent is expensive in SF ).